I am an enthusiastic, unusual and experienced photographer, at that stage in life where I am making photography my full-time commitment. My work reflects an eye that plays with pattern, design, simplicity, impact and often the unexpected. My last 15 years has been dedicated to freelance photography, now focusing on specialising in architectural photography, working with interior designers and stylists, builders and architects, to photograph and spotlight their creative work, as well as expanding my unique and creative collection of bespoke fine art photographic artwork.
I am an emerging member of the Australian Institute of Professional Photographers, (awarded South Australian 2017 AIPP Emerging Photographer of the Year), and I fully subscribe to their Ethics and Code of Practice. I am currently on the AIPP SA State Council. I exhibit locally and abroad and have been locally, nationally and internationally awarded (including Sienna Photographic Award (Italy), Travel Photographer Society (Malaysia)).
Born in Jutland, Denmark, my education and artistic development happened in Adelaide, South Australia. I originally trained as an art teacher at the South Australian School of Art and Western Teachers College. Since then, I have extended my qualifications in Photo Imaging, Graphic Design and a Post Graduate in Photography (UnisSA), while working for many years as an art teacher, graphic designer, public servant, and freelance photographer. I am an enthusiastic volunteer Public Guide and educator at the Art Gallery of South Australia.
Additionally, I have many years of experience as a graphic designer (freelance and within government) and I cater for a range of graphic design briefs including branding, logo, business cards, brochures and flyers, promotional materials and online publication.
As an imaginative designer, I understand the importance of creating an environment that thrills and exceeds clients’ expectations. Whether it is a contemporary garden, trendy cafe, stylish office suit or just an ambient personal space, it is work that deserves the best presentation available.
My purpose is to support the creative work of designers, decorators, architects and craftspeople. I sincerely believe I can compliment a designer’s work from a different perspective with my range of professional skills that include uniquely styled photography.
I offer two types of services:
If you do not see what you are looking for, or you are after more clarity or information, please contact me and I will be pleased to discuss your photographic requirements.
If you have need for more information regarding how I can help meet your photographic needs, please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com or call 0403 177 252.
As a bonus, I am also able to cater for your graphic design needs, should you need brochures,
business cards, flyers or branding logo.
- 2018: Two Silver Awards: SA AIPP Epson State Photography Awards (architecture)
- 2018: International Finalist: Travel Photographer Society Awards (architecture/cityscape)
- 2017: Festival of Architecture and Design Hero Shots 2.0 exhibition
- 2017: One Silver, two Silver with Distinction awards: National AIPP Aust Prof Photo Awards
- 2017: Emerging Photographer of the year: SA AIPP State Photography Awards
- 2016: Finalist-Emerging Photographer of the Year: SA AIPP Epson Professional Awards
- 2016: Three Silver Awards: SA AIPP Epson State Photography Awards (architecture)
- 2015: International Honourable Mention: Siena International Photo Awards Exhibition (architecture)
- 2015: Two photos selected as Finalist: Siena International Photo Awards Exhibition (architecture)
- 2015: First Prize: Digital Art category, Art Purchase Prize, Royal Adelaide Show
- 2015: South Australian School of Art Student and Graduates Prize: Royal Adelaide Show
- 2015: Group exhibition: FSASA Glenelg Bay Gallery
- 2015: Group exhibition: SALA,Gallery 1855, Tea Tree Gully
- AIPP SA Council (2018-19)
- Graduate Diploma of Visual Arts and Design (Photography) (UniSA 2015)
- Emerging Photographer: Australian Institute of Professional Photographers (2015- )
- Retired member of Advisory Group for UniSA School of Art, Architecture and Design
- Volunteer Gallery Guide to general public at Art gallery of South Australia (2012- )
- Volunteer Education Guide to school groups at Art Gallery of South Australia (2010- )
- Freelance photographer, graphic designer and artist through private and corporate commissions
- Bachelor of Visual Communications (Graphic Design) (UniSA 2001)
- Certificate IV (Photo-Imaging) (Centre for Creative Photography 2006)
- Teacher of secondary art and design in NSW and South Australia for over 23 years
- Diploma in Teaching (Secondary-Fine Arts) (SA School of Art and Western teachers College 1971)